Followers

Monday, July 25, 2011

What a Noise!

Today I heard an interesting story from my friend.


This morning a middle-aged foreign doctor was surprised when he was waiting for a bus in Kyoto. At what?----------Noisy sound.


He asked to my friend, "What noise?"
At first she couldn't understand what he meant.


He asked again, "What insects are making such a big noise?"


Then she got it. " CICADA!"


It might be his first time to hear cicada buzzing in his life. Probably he lives somewhere where there are no cicadas.



Cicada represents summer in Japan. But I realized that each country has its own seasonal view. Japanese people have been proud of four distinct seasons and emphasized the change of the seasons. I think this is Japan's wonderful point of view.

1 comment:

  1. Probably he come from northern part of Europe or Canada. It's just my guess.
    However, I think he might have visited somewhere cicadas lived in summer in his life.
    It is propable that cicadas in Japan buzz noisier than anywhere els.

    ReplyDelete