Followers

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Season of Fruits


 Comfort. I took off all the bamboo curtains protecting against sunlight. Now I enjoy sunlight. Staying outside is comfortable this time of the season.
Autumn is good for many things. In Japan, there are various sayings about autumn... season for reading, season for sports, season for appetite (this means everything in this season tastes good!)
 The grocery stores are lined with a variety of fruits, such as grapes, Japanese pears, chestnuts, tangerines. My favorite one is persimmon.



 These are  photos I took in the country side called Nose. I found a persimmon tree heavy with fruit. I picked and ate some. Yummy!

1 comment:

  1. In autumn, I also look forward to have seafood, especially oysters. So far, unfortunately, I don't often see them in supermarkets. Probably because the disaster devastated producing centers of them in this spring.

    ReplyDelete